Tuesday 28 May 2013

Upcycling a jotterpad


Hi everyone,
Can't believe its nearly then end of May already! So I spent my Bank Holiday Monday 27th; doing some upcycling. Kind of like recycling to make it more pretty :)

I have some old jotter pads laying around on my craft room shelves so decided to give them a bit of a Stampin' Up makeover. As you will see below:

It was quite simple to do and I'm not an expert at all when it comes to these sort of projects.

I embellished the project with a Pin Wheel; but it would also look great with a flower made using 3 cut outs of card stock from the Fancy Flower Punch (118073) and sprayed with a Stampin' Spritzer (126185) then scrunch them up and shape them into a flower and allow to dry. You can then fix them together using Mini Glue Dots (103683) then embellish the middle of the flower using a designer brad or designer buttons.

                            For example >>>







Products used:
Card Stock- 
Whisper White (106550)
Crumb Cake (121685)
Calypso Coral (124392)
Island Indigo (124390)
Lucky Limeade (124388)
Designer Series Paper-
Tea for Two (129311)
Classic Stampin Pad-
Early Espresso (126974)
Embelisments-
Mini brads Silver (122941)
Big Shot-
Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die (129411)
Adhesives-
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Stamps-
Chevron Oval Stamp from Oh' Hello Set (130730)
'WOW your the best' from Friendly Phrases Set (126151)
Accessories- 
Stampin' Trimmer
Simply Scored
Paper Snips
Acyrlic Block
Grid Paper
Plain/Cheap Jotter-Pad

If you fancy trying out this project:

I would suggest before cutting or scoring measure your Jotter-pad or notepad. I used the grid paper for this so that I would have it visually set out in front of me. As a rough guide whatever you measure out allow an extra 3 centimetres. For example it measured:

Length: 21cm (+3cm spine allowance)
Width: 7.4cm
Depth of the spin: 0.5cm

Also if your jotter pad originally came with a flimsy cover use your scissors to cut it off and just leave the black strip that attached the cover on.

Your base card stock that makes your cover needs to be scored to allow it to bend over the spine; I used the scoring board but you could use a bone folder tool.

If you would like further details on how to make this project then please leave a comment below or email me at tashahrt@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment